GRAR Rules and Regulations for Fundraising Incentives and Prizes
Click here to download this in a pdf format
The fundraising total on each team’s web page at 12:00 pm on Friday June 19th, 2015 will qualify them for the following incentives:
- $150 – entry fee
- $300 – canoe access
- $550 – survival weapons and tools (random selection of a race advantage card)
- $800 – map of the “arena” (route map)
- $1000 – sponsorship parachute …for when you’re in a pinch
- $1500 – stolen GameMaker’s map of the arena (contains all challenge stations and advantage locations)
- $2500 – You own Surviving Victor to mentor and guide you through the race (“race butler”)
*NEW* – For every $100 raised, one “tessera” (ballot) with your team’s name on it will be removed from the Capitol’s glass bowl; reducing the odds of a team being randomly selected during the allocation of “Yields”. Please see the Race Day Rules for more information.
Funds raised following the above deadline, WILL still be applied to the team total and forwarded to the appropriate charity, but will NOT qualify for further race incentives.
Race Butlers (“Victors”):
The FIRST 10 teams to achieve $2500 or more will receive a “race butler”.
- Contest ends at 10:00 pm on Wednesday June 17, 2015. No butlers will be allocated following this deadline.
- Race Butlers will be randomly assigned to teams by the Race Crew.
- Race Butlers are NOT permitted to complete any challenges (all or in part) throughout the race. For the canoe portion of the race, Race Butlers may be transported by volunteer drivers from the launch area to the disembarking area to reconnect with their assigned team (To be determined by the Race Crew).
The Top 5 GRAR fundraising Tribute Pairs will also be entitled to one of the following Grand Prizes!
- The Capitol Makeover Package by Effie and Cinna
- Blue Jays tickets for 4
- Weekend Get Away for 2 at any Vista Hospitality Property (per tribute)
- Grand River Rocks Rock Climbing OR The Adventure Rooms Package for 4
- Drayton Festival Tickets for 4
- Contest ends at 10:00 pm on Wednesday June 17, 2015. Funds raising following this deadline, WILL still be applied to the team total and forwarded to the appropriate charity but will NOT qualify for the Grand Prize contest.
- Grand Prize selections will occur in order of finish, where the top fundraiser is awarded first choice, second is awarded the next choice etc… In the event of a tie, the team who registered first will be given priority.
- Details of each Grand Prize is as follows:
i. The Capitol Makeover Package with Effie and Cinna:
After defending your life in the arena, you will appreciate the pampering that awaits! You and your tribute pair will be treated to a $260 gift card (each) to use towards personal training sessions (4) with the trainer of your choice at Foundation Fitness, Once the toxins have been “sweat out” you can rejuvenate your look with a cut and style and your choice of colour or highlights by Shereen at Deeva Hair. Finish off your full body makeover with a relaxing “signature pedicure” at Voila Uptown Salon. The Capitol knows how to treat their victors!
ii. Blue Jays Tickets for 4:
Enjoy a great day cheering on Toronto’s favourite team as they battle in their own arena! Tribute pairs are entitled to spend up to $240 on seat tickets at any game in the 2015 season !
**Ticket choices are based on availability at the time of selection. Prices based on 4 tickets at $60 each; however prize winners may choose any combination of seat prices and number of tickets up to the maximum amount of $240.
ii. Weekend Get Away for 2 at any Vista Hospitality Property
You and your Tribute pair will each receive a gift certificate which entitles you to choose from 9 different destinations and enjoy a get-away that best suits YOU! Your prize package includes your choice of one of the following:
One room, two nights stay any one of their 4 Canadian hotels
One room, two nights stay at any one of their 3 New York hotels
One room, four nights stay at one of their 2 Florida hotels
**All selections are based on availability at the time of booking. Travel, food and entertainment expenses are not included.
To view your options and start planning your get away, visit their website at
iii. Grand River Rocks Rock Climbing OR The Adventure Rooms Package for 4
Volunteering as tribute takes guts. For those who still thirst adventure, this package is for you! Tribute pairs will each be entitled to a pass for 2 to challenge themselves and a friend by either defying the rock walls at Grand River Rocks OR their minds at The Adventure Rooms. Visit their websites for more information using the links below:
iv. Drayton Festival Tickets for 4:
Dramas, comedies, musicals, love stories or stories for the young at heart…they have them all! One of Canada’s most successful professional theatre companies, Drayton Entertainment, presents the finest in live theatre for all ages!
Prize package includes 4 tickets (adult or youth) to any performance at the Drayton Festival Theatre during the 2015 season. Check out their website to see what’s playing: